Sat, Jul 29|
The Writers' Colony at Dairy Hollow
Capture Life and Create Legacy: Write a Memoir
Time & Location
Jul 29, 2023, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
The Writers' Colony at Dairy Hollow, 515 Spring St, Eureka Springs, AR 72632, USA
About the Event
Nikki Hanna’s presentations are rich with information that guides a writer through the process
of documenting a life story and preparing to share it with others. Writing in a way that entices
agents, publishers, and readers is presented as well as step-by-step processes for printing and
self-publishing. In this session writers will learn how to:
- Write the hard stuff
- Decide what to put in and what to leave out
- Write about flawed characters with finesse
- Write without revealing identities or turn memoir into fiction
- Share wisdom and lessons learned without being preachy
- Identify a theme, set the tone, and develop strong messages
- Recognize the nuances of determining “the truth”
- Tap into the craft of writing so a quality book is produced
- Cope with the technology required to produce a memoir
- Layer emotions onto facts to captivate readers and make them feel
- Define success so writers find joy and purpose in writing
- Compare the options of publishing, self-publishing, and simply printing
Although considerable information is included on the craft of writing. participants are
reminded that memoir trumps craft. It is more important a memoir is written than that it is
perfectly executed. Don’t die with your story still in you. Learn how to capture your life story
and give the gift of legacy.
All participants will receive a complimentary copy of Hanna’s book, Capture Life—Write a Memoir.
The Cost for this transformative workshop is $40.00. Refreshments will be served.
Nikki Hanna will be available for one-on-one, thirty-minute coaching sessions at The Writers’ Colony on Sunday, July 30 from 9:00 - 3:00. Sessions can be scheduled through The Writers' Colony at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-253-7444
About Nikki Hanna: When asked to describe herself in one sentence, Nikki Hanna said, “I’m a metropolitan gal who never quite reached the level of sophistication and refinement that label implies.” The contradictions reflected in this description are the basis of her humorous prose.
- Ticket type
This event is sold out